Blog History

Prior to 2011 I had a blog by the same name that listed 1,000s of blogs by category and country.

For some inexplicable reason, Google, in its infinite wisdom, lost/closed/deleted my account. I lost more than four years of blogging.

I have continued blogging, but this time on Wordpress, this will be my only blog on Blogspot. I hope to resurrect what I had.

You can visit my other blogs, the links are on the sidebar.

Eventually, there will be Libraries added and worthy blogs linked.

Sunday 30 September 2012

What a Young Schoolgirl can Achieve

This is a blog that came to my attention some months back.

NeverSeconds

Martha photographing her airline fare to post on the blog
Martha Payne is a schoolgirl from Scotland. Her blog became an international attention getter when the local council banned her from taking photos of her school lunches and posting them, along with a critique, on her blog. The council was so embarrassed by their own pettiness, that they were forced to retract the ban in the face of international pressure.

As a result of the publicity, Martha's original target of raising a few thousand for Mary' Meals, a meal charity providing school lunches in Malawi, exploded. The donations topped  £100,000, the latest BBC News article is the aftermath. Martha went to Malawi to see how the money was being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flag Tramp

free counters